Saturday, April 9, 2016

Where do I fit...

I may not be able to see it. But, when you are a country artist who contacts a mainstream radio stations country show and receive a response of: we are not sure where you would fit - leaves me to ponder what kind of support there is here in New Zealand for local artists.
This got me interacting with stations more over the past few days, noting that local well known artists are not even played on mainstream radio here. Is there a stigma in NZ where they do not wish to support their own? This is very sad and then sees talent leave New Zealand and be recognized elsewhere.
If this didn't happen NZ would garner more respect musically. So much talent has left this country due to this lack of, is it lack of acceptance, recognition, I don't know what to call it - ignorance maybe???

No comments:

Post a Comment